This is a beginner guitar lesson. The prices of my lessons reflect my teaching experience. As I'm just starting out as a guitar teacher, I have made my lessons very affordable.
- very flexible: students' goals and aims to be discussed as part of the first lesson
- I'd like to teach my students as many things about the guitar as an instrument as the student wishes. I would like to include theory as well as the practical playing of the instrument.
- theory can include anything from the history of the guitar and its uses in music of many different genres to scales, rhythms, and basic chords that can translate into the practical side of things
- using the theory as a basis for inspiration, we can pick out a piece of guitar music of the student's choosing and work on perfecting it!
- basic chord progressions and beginner finger picking
I'd like our lessons to be fun and casual. I think I learn the best when I'm having fun and enjoying myself so I'd like my students to have a similar experience.
Teaching since November 2018
Teaches students aged 5+
Hey, I'm Harry. I've been playing guitar for more than 10 years (since I was 12). In my early years, I learned piano and more recently picked up the drum sticks and the bass guitar too.
When I first picked up the guitar, I got private tuition at school and was involved in guitar ensembles. My first guitar was a "classical" nylon string guitar. As I moved onto steel string and the electric guitar, my music tastes developed rapidly and I began to play music of many different genres. I recall going to a friend's house a lot and jamming a lot of metal and hard rock music, such as Metallica and Muse. At the same time, I was listening to a lot of The Beatles, Bob Dylan, sort of the classics from the 60's and 70's and more contemporary indie music as well. Because I listened to a lot of different genres of music, I have a broad understanding of music and can pick out the right songs that you can learn on the guitar. I don't want you to learn something you don't like. It's best to enjoy playing guitar and not see it as a chore!
Currently, I write and record music. Please note, I have no prior professional experience teaching so I will reflect this in my lesson pricing. So, this would suit someone that wants a casual experience and would like to slowly ease their way into playing guitar and having fun with music. I can also give you great music recommendations from local music or globally to expand your musical spectrum.
It will be ideal to plan together what we would like to achieve with the lessons so we can make good progress on each lesson to get to where we want to be with your guitar skills. I suggest first starting on a nylon string guitar (if it's your first time) as it is not too harsh on your fingers. It will be good to get your skin used to the feel of playing guitar before moving onto harsher, tougher materials in steel.
Enough of me, get in touch and hopefully we can make something work : )