Alto Flute Lessons
As a flute specialist, I am happy to extend your range of understanding on the alternate flutes, including alto, bass, and piccolo.
Any and all styles are more than welcome, with most flute repertoire working excellently on alto. Extended technique lessons are also available for those who enjoy a more diverse quality of sound!
Teaching since November 2009
Teaches students aged 4+
Hi! I'm Jo, a qualified teacher (Grad. Dip Ed) and woodwind player with a Masters in performance.
My passion in life is to find what interests my students and push them to excel through a combination of:
- Using repertoire they understand and enjoy
- Demystifying technique and practice methods
- Meeting and challenging them just above their current level of ability
- Taking the time to explain clearly and concisely why and how we learn
- Engaging them with theory, aural and history knowledge directly related to their instrument and pieces
I have an outstanding student AMEB record, and my pupils continue to excel in their school programs while learning how to love, enjoy and find success in playing their instrument.
My goal is to make students feel valued in every lesson, and through this, to encourage their love of lifelong learning. I hope that your child (or you!) will give me the opportunity to help set goals and then smash them out of the park with my help!