With 10 years of experiences working with children, it's been a pleasure to be able to teach music in a fun way! Children generally enjoy my lessons which focus on cultivating creativity, with the use of stories, puppets, nursery rhymes and other musical instruments during the lessons. :)
I tend to personalise my lessons based on their needs and interests. For example, choosing songs that they are familiar with to help them engage in the process of learning. I also keep a record of their learning log, which helps me to reflect on their progressions and extend their learning.
Teaching since January 2015
Police check (Issued: 03/11/17)
Teaches: Males aged 5 to 33
Females aged 5 to 10
Still planning for some fun things to do during your child’s spare time?
It's time to take up a new and rewarding hobby – Play a Piano/Keyboard, which can have long-term positive impacts in your child's life!
*** A little info. about Miss Ashley ***
1. She holds a Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education and has worked with young children (aged 3 to 9) for the past 10 years
2. She has taught piano for 3 years and is constantly looking for more hands-on and fun ideas to teach music
3. She has obtained Grade 8 certificate in Piano (ABRSM) and Grade 5 certificate in Theory (ABRSM)
4. She loves getting to know children, finding what they are passionate about and personalising the lessons according to their interests.
5. She can speak multiple languages (English and Mandarin)
*** What do you need to have? ***
1. A love for music
2. A Piano/Keyboard at home
3. An enthusiasm to learn and challenge yourself
*** What will you learn from the music lessons? ***
1. How to read music sheet
2. How to play your favourite song(s) on the Piano/Keyboard
3. How to compose music/write a song
If this is what you have been looking for, please send me a private message to discuss further.
Thank you very much!