You will learn all chord shapes, styles and rhythms associated with the Ukulele. You will also learn popular songs old and current. I will provide all song sheets and other learning tools for the lessons. The added bonus will be that during your tuition period you will have an opportunity to perform, record and produce your own CD of your performances.Show More Show Less
Teaching since 1987
Teaches special needs
Police check (Issued: 13/02/18)
Teaches students aged 10+
I teach with a relaxed and flexible style allowing the student to "feel at ease and comfortable" during all teaching sessions.
My main strengths as a teacher (gained over many years) are;
1. being able to assess the students natural abilities from the first session and setting them realistic goals,
2. staying professional at all times but also having a sense of humor,
3. able to work with "challenging-special needs" students, re: my experience in facilitating music programs to Mental Health/ Disabilities clients,
4. skilled at delivering effective tutoring methods (visual, audio and practical) appropriate for each student,
5. able to work with individuals or groups of 5-10 students. (guitar and Ukulele),
6. being generous with tuition times. (sometimes going overtime where necessary),
7. having over 30 years experience as a professional tutor, musician and record producer since 1992,
8. gained grade 5 in music theory, have equivalent to grade 8 in practical performance and Cert IV in Training and Assessment.
9. launching previous students into becoming professional musicians nationally and internationally. (New Zealand)