I will turn your lyrics/ poetry into potential hits! Well that's the plan anyway. I have released 4 albums on an Independent label, written 3 musicals, won a national song writing competition and wrote and produced music and jingles for television New Zealand in my 30 year career as a songwriter. I have that innate ability to write lyrics, hear hooks and melodies that fit any musical progression. Included in the package; free home studio recording, professional musicianship, backing tracks/beats and of course my skills as a composer, producer and music arranger.Show More Show Less
Teaching since 1987
Teaches special needs
Police check (Issued: 13/02/18)
Teaches students aged 10+
I teach with a relaxed and flexible style allowing the student to "feel at ease and comfortable" during all teaching sessions.
My main strengths as a teacher (gained over many years) are;
1. being able to assess the students natural abilities from the first session and setting them realistic goals,
2. staying professional at all times but also having a sense of humor,
3. able to work with "challenging-special needs" students, re: my experience in facilitating music programs to Mental Health/ Disabilities clients,
4. skilled at delivering effective tutoring methods (visual, audio and practical) appropriate for each student,
5. able to work with individuals or groups of 5-10 students. (guitar and Ukulele),
6. being generous with tuition times. (sometimes going overtime where necessary),
7. having over 30 years experience as a professional tutor, musician and record producer since 1992,
8. gained grade 5 in music theory, have equivalent to grade 8 in practical performance and Cert IV in Training and Assessment.
9. launching previous students into becoming professional musicians nationally and internationally. (New Zealand)