Learn playing the Piano Accordion.
Styles: Musette, Tango, Polka, Waltz, March
Skills: Play treble (right hand), bass/chords (left hand) and bellows technique giving your playing that unique oomph ...
Performance Technique: Play solo, with combos, bands, orchestras, accompany singers and choirs;
Stage Craft: What to do and not to do on stage, how to set up your gear, amplification techniques;
Create and modify arrangements to suit your skills.
Teaching since February 2011
Teaches students aged 9+
In Germany I took accordion lessons from age 9 to 17 and played in an accordion orchestra. In Australia I took lessons for 6 years to further advance my skills as a soloist.
- I have played solo at French restaurants and at various events.
- I play French chanson duets with singers.
- I play tango duets with violin players.
- I played in the Queensland Accordion Orchestra for 10 years.
- I founded and played in the Klezmer Band Eurotone Crisis.
- I played German music with a trio (tuba and trumpet) at the Oktoberfest.
- I performed with wind orchestras.
- I sang baritone in the Brisbane Chorale for 5 years, performing classical music with professional orchestras and conductors.
- I have been arranging music for accordion where suitable sheet music is not available.