Teaching since April 2009
Teaches special needs
Working with children check
Teaches students aged 12 to 80
- Eileen Stainkamph Memorial Prize from University of Melbourne School of Music for Piano/Theory Grade 5 (1976)
- Violin Grade 5 AMEB
- Piano Grade 6/HSC (1978)
- Music Theory and Harmony Grade 6/HSC (1978)
- Life Member of Waverley Randwick Philharmonic Society Inc
- Graduate Diploma in Information Management - Librarianship (UNSW) (1991)
- Basic Methods of Instruction (TAFE NSW) (1993)
- Cert IV Small Business Enterprise (TAFE NSW) (1998)
- Bachelor of Science (computer science) (UQ) (1987)
Advanced violinist and pianist experience:
- (1991-1998) Years in Waverley Randwick Philharmonic Society as 2nd violinist; (8 years including leader of 2nd violins), tenor (2 years) and secretary (1 year), president (1 year), life member, Sydney.
- (1991-2001) Amateur Chamber Music Society violinist in string ensembles
- (1991-2001) Fiddler in RooRythmics Bush Band, Sydney, (2001-2005) Fiddler in Macarthur Sounds, Sydney, (2005) Fiddler in Ten Penny Bit Bush Band, Orange.
- (2009-2012), (2015-current) Busking folk music on violin in Orange, Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne, Brisbane. Violin busking at Tilt Busking Festival, Canberra, 2009
- Church violinist at Wesley Mission, Sydney (1991-1998)
- Attended May Music Camp in Melbourne and played in youth orchestras as violinist in 1976.
- Specialises in Irish, Scottish and Australiana folk music on violin/fiddle. Over 42 years experience as violinist on classical, folk and jazz music.
My school is exempt from having me registered as a teacher with Queensland College of Teachers because my school is too small. I can get my curriculum certified by Queensland Curriculum and Assessment Authority so students get a qualification from their studies.
- I studied violin in Golden Square High School, Bendigo, with Miss Margaret Anderson from 1972-76.
- I studied piano, music harmony and theory with Mr Tony Mundy in Belmont, Geelong, Victoria from 1977-78, with Miss Edith Court in Bendigo, Victoria from 1972-76 and with Mrs Brennan in Townsville in 1969-1970.
- My studies with Tony Mundy were added to my Victorian HSC. My marks were sent through to be assessed by the government examiners even though I was taught by a private teacher. These marks helped get me into medicine at the University of Melbourne and demonstrate that private teachers with certified curriculum are adequate to teach a person professionally.
- TAFE NSW teacher at Randwick TAFE and Loftus TAFE in computer studies (1991-93)
- Centre for Continuing Education University of Sydney teacher in computer studies (2000 approx.)
- Online teacher in Web indexing and Linux in own business from 1998-99 approx. with students from USA, UK and Australia with own curriculum.
- Violin teaching in Orange, Canberra, Brisbane and Caboolture since 2011.